About The Inn
Inn At Rustic Gate
A Green Facility
- Geothermal heating and cooling
- Non-volatile compound paint, stains, adhesives, and insulation
- Recycled fiber carpet and padding, recycled composite decking material as well as porch furniture made of recycled milk jugs
- Adherence to the Green Hotel Association’s guidelines of linen replacement during a guest’s stay only when necessary, rather than on a routine daily basis.
- Large dispensers for soap and shampoos rather than one time use packaged products which create unnecessary waste.
- Taking all of our recyclable paper, plastic, glass, and Styrofoam containers to the Mecosta Recycling Center, as well as supporting the Center with cash donations.
Pat is a quintessential organizer with an impeccable attention to detail. She ensures that all of the facility operations are running smoothly.
Marcia uses her business skills to manage the front desk, but she is happiest when her hands are in the soil. So from April to November you can frequently find her outside tending to the many garden areas and woodland trails.
Sharon’s creative energies are primarily focused in the inn’s kitchen. She has dedicated herself to developing culinary expertise with the use of locally sourced ingredients whenever it is possible to do so.